The Top 10 Reasons to Participate in the 2009/2010 Montrail Ultra Cup:
10. This season the series includes 11 geographically diverse races, some of which have multiple qualifying distances, ranging from 50k to 100 miles
9. Large cash prizes, great product packages, and participant prizes will be offered again this year.
8. Series points totals will be the sum of no less than 2 and no more than 4 finishes per runner, leveling the playing field a bit and allowing for a degree of strategy that we haven’t seen before in the Montrail Ultra Cup.
7. New competition from new locations such as Brownsville, Vermont (Vermont 50), Cheaha State Park, Alabama (Mount Cheaha 50k), Bandera, Texas, (Bandera 100k/50k) and LaGrange, Wisconsin (Ice Age Trail 50).
6. The opportunity to run along side the best runners that the sport has to offer.
5. A chance to win great Montrail prizes and product packages at each race, either through finisher awards, raffles or auctions.
4. Automatic entry into Western States 100 will be offered to the Top 2 men and women from each race over 50k.
3. $2500 for first place, $1000 for second place, $500 for third place, along with product packages from Nathan, Nuun and Montrail.
2. The satisfaction of knowing that you’ve competed in some of the more prestigious and competitive trail ultra marathons in the country.
1. To have fun, to challenge yourself and to interact with new and old friends in the ultrarunning communities across the country.