Real (Primary) Job:
Subaward Compliance Officer at Mercy Corps, an international nonprofit
Other Sports or Activities:
Yoga, biking, snowshoeing, knitting, salsa dancing, kitten wrangling
Favorite Sports Team:
I’m a fair-weather fan. In March, I cheer for Kansas basketball. I love the World Cup and root for Paraguay (where I lived during Peace Corps).
Favorite Trail Race:
Two: Hasetsune Cup in Japan and HURT 100 in Hawaii. Funny how things change, the HURT 100 used to be my least favorite…
Beer or wine:
Beer, preferably something local and hoppy
Trail Shoe of choice and why:
Bajada II; A great shoe for technical or smooth terrain. Supportive yet flexible and lightweight.
Best Trail Running Memory of 2014:
Having the sun rise during the Patagonia Run 100k while I was mid-way up the final climb. With a midnight start, the mountains had been obscured all night, but on this climb the gorgeous surroundings were revealed (and there was hope that the end was in sight).
Objective #1 for 2015:
Stay Healthy. Race Happy.
Person Who has Influenced You the Most:
Your Running Idol:
I watch a lot of track & field and road marathons, and I have to say Shalane Flanagan is a favorite. She’s not afraid to set lofty goals, speak her mind, or go after what she wants.
When I’m Not Running I Prefer to…
be exploring my new home in Bend, OR. A great town with great outdoor outlets, and also great places to relax with a beer in hand after a day on the trails. I also just bought my dream home in Bend, and spend a lot of time at home, working on house projects.
I Give Back to My Community By:
Volunteering at races, co-hosting a summer trail running camp through Mazamas, and doing trail work.
I’d Like to Give a Shout-out to:
The Virginia Happy Trails Running Club (VHTRC)–it was through the VHTRC that I got sucked into ultra-distance trail running, and even though I’ve wandered far from my VHTRC roots, I will always be a loyal member of the VHTRC. I have yet to find a west-coast equivalent.
- 2015 TNF 100, Australia: 2nd Female
- 2015 HURT 100: 1st Female, 8th Overall
- 2014 Hasetsune Cup: 1st
- 2014 Patagonia Run 100k: 1st and Course Record
- 2014 El Cruce Stage Race – Chile: 2nd
- 2013 Western States 100 – 3rd
- 2013 Lake Sonoma 50: 3rd
- 2012 AND 2013 Ray Miller 50-Mile: 1st and Course Record
- 2012 IAU World 100k: 1st (Individual and Team)
- 2011 Hellgate 100k: 1st and Course Record
- February 28th – Refugios: Bariloche, Argentina
2016 Race Plans:
- February 13th – Black Canyon 100k, Arizona:
- April 23rd – Zane Grey 50, Arizona:
- August 26th/27th – Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc (UTMB), France:
2015 Race Results
- January 17th – HURT 100, Hawaii: 1st Female, 8th Overall 26:22
- February 28th – Refugios, Bariloche, Argentina: 4th Female 9:47
- May 17th – TNF 100, Australia: 2nd Female 11:27
- August 28th-29th – Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc (UTMB), France: DNF
- September 25th – Ultra Trail du Mount Fuji (UTMF), Japan: 8th Female 29:40
2014 Race Results
- Hasetsune Cup: 1st
- Patagonia Run 100k: 1st and Course Record
- El Cruce Stage Race – Chile: 2nd
[Photo Glenn Tachiyama]