Date of Birth:
December 7, 1974
Place of Birth:
Current Home town:
Primary Race Distance:
50K and 50 mile
Other hobbies or sports:
I enjoy mountain biking and some road riding. Have done a lot of adventure racing in the past which I love but it is difficult to find time for it now! I usually enjoy anything outdoors.
What Mountain Hardwear/ Montrail gear and clothing is in your quiver for a typical day at/ on the trail?
Love my Montrail Mountain Masochists, they have been my favorite since the day they came out. The Mountain Hardwear Pacer Shorts are awesome as well. I wear any of the Mountain Hardwear tops from baselayers to jackets, to tanks depending on the weather, love them all!
How were you introduced to your sport?
I did a lot of trail running while I was adventure racing and loved it. Living in Boise, I have easy access to the trails and love taking my dogs out on runs so I do it usually daily. I entered a few trail races and really enjoyed them, both the scenery and the people and have been addicted ever since.
What inspires you?
Mostly I am inspired by challenging myself and by the beauty of the trails.
Which athletes or other individuals have been your biggest source of inspiration?
There really isn’t one certain athlete or individual that gives me my inspiration. I draw if from those vying for the win each race who give it their all each time out. I’m inspired by the midpackers who are out for personal PRs and the love of the trail. I’m inspired by the last ones to finish who spend the most hours on the course and have to draw deep within just to finish.
What advice would you give to newcomers to (your sport) today?
I think the most important thing is to enjoy your surroundings, the trails are beautiful and we get to run in amazing places. Enjoy what you are doing and be proud of your accomplishments.
What’s your favorite pre race meal?
The night before I always have pizza, it seems to sit well and stay with me for the next day’s race.
What the first thing you look forward to doing after a long run / race?
Coming home to my son, Chase!
How do you balance your training schedule with your “real” job?
I get up before 5:00 a.m. many days a week to get in a run before work and then try to do longer runs on my days off. Luckily I have great friends that get up early too!
Do you have any pre-race/ pre-competition rituals?
Say a little prayer!
In 10 years I hope to be…
Still running with lots of dogs and my husband, maybe trying to keep up with my son who will be 17!
All smiles when on the trails.
When singing karaoke, what song do you sing to bring down the house?
I don’t sing!
What music gets you fired up?
I’m not really a music person out on the trails, I’d rather listen to the birds and the creeks and my dogs panting.
If you were a super hero, who would you be?
- 3 Time Wilson Creek Frozen 50k CHAMPION
- 3 Time Foothills Frenzy 50k CHAMPION
- 3 Time Pocatello 50-Mile CHAMPION
- 3 Time Way Too Cool 50k CHAMPION
- 2 Time Hagg Lake 50k CHAMPION
- 2 Time Silver State 50-Mile CHAMPION
- 2 Time Waldo Lake 100k CHAMPION
- 2012 Lake Sonoma 50-Mile: 1st
- 2012 Chuckanut 50K: 3rd
- 2011 North Face Endurance Challenge 50mile Championship: 3rd
- 2011 Peterson Ridge Rumble 40-Mile: 1st
- 2010 Run Rabbit Run 50-Mile: 1st
- 2009 100k NATIONAL CHAMPION
- Run Rabbit Run 50-Mile
- Waldo Lake 100k
- Foothills Frenzy 50k
- Wilson Creek Frozen 50k
- Silver State 50-Mile
- Hagg Lake 50K
2015 Race Plans:
- March 28th – George Waterfalls 100k
- April 11th – Lake Sonoma 50-Mile
- May 9th – Quicksilver 100k
- June 20th – River of No Return 100k
- August 22nd-29th – Primal Quest Tahoe Expedition Adventure Race
2014 Race Results
- July 2014 – Speedgoat 50K: 7th
- June 2014 – River of No Return 100k: 1st
- May 2014 – TNF 100 Australia: 2nd
- February 2014 – Hagg Lake 50k: 1st
- January 2014 – Wilson Creek Frozen 50k: 1st, 1st Overall, COURSE RECORD