Date of Birth:
July 31, 1973
Place of Birth:
Current Home town:
Primary Race Distance:
1/2 Marathon, Marathon, 50mi, 100km
Other hobbies or sports:
Playing with my dogs, Cycling, Snowshoeing, Road Trips, Nordic Skiing, Canoeing, Board Games
What MHW/ Montrail gear and clothing is in your quiver for a typical day at/ on the trail?
How were you introduced to your sport?
My sister April told me to run cross country while a high school freshman. A few years later, my xc team ran in a road relay race, which also had an ultra division for crazy people. I remember seeing them out there and thinking “Wow, that’s awesome!!”.
What inspires you?
Happy running dogs, new runners, big mountains
What advice would you give to newcomers to (your sport) today?
Ask others for advice, but try things for yourself, because everyone is so different in what works best for them (in all aspects of ultrarunning…and really, life, for that matter).
What’s your favorite pre race meal?
A PB&J sandwich, banana, and hot Nuun.
What the first thing you look forward to doing after a long run / race?
Eating cheese fries!
How do you balance your training schedule with your “real” job?
I make running a priority.
Do you have any pre-race/ pre-competition rituals?
In 10 years I hope to be…
When singing karaoke, what song do you sing to bring down the house?
Eye of the Tiger
What music gets you fired up?
If you were a super hero, who would you be?
- 2014 Paatuqatsi Water is Life 50k: 1st Place
- 2014 Flagstaff Loop Trail 45mi: FKT
- 2014 Old Pueblo 50mi: 1st Place
- 2013 Sinister 7 148k: 1st Place
- 2013 Ultramarathon Caballo Blanco 50mi: 9th Place
- 2012 Mt Spokane 50k: 1st Place
- 2011 3 Days of Syllamo 95mi: 2nd place
- 2010 AND 2011 Desert RATS 148mi: 1st Place
- 2009 Canadian Death Race 125k: 1st Place
- 2009 Run to the Sun 36mi: 1st Place
- 2008 Spokane Marathon: 1st Place
- 2008 Crater Lake Marathon: 1st Place
- 2006 Tahoe 72mi: 1st Place
- 2006 Bighorn 50mi: 1st Place
- 2005 Montrail Ultra Cup Series: 2nd place
- 2004 Where’s Waldo 100k: 2nd place
- 2001-2004 Tahoe Triple 78.6mi: 1st Place – Course Record
- 2001 Let’s Climb a Mountain 34mi: 1st Place – FIRST ULTRA
Has won at least one ultra per year, each year, since starting in 2001!
2015 Race Plans:
- February 15th – Lost Dutchman Marathon
- March 28th – Crown King Scramble 50k
- April 18th – Leona Divide 50
- May 24th – Mountains 2 Beach Marathon
- July 19th – Audi Oower of Four 50k
- August 29th – Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc (UTMB), France
- November 21st – JFK 50
2014 Race Results
- February – Sedona Marathon: 1st Masters
- March – Old Pueblo 50: 1st Place
- March – Flagstaff Loop Trail: FKT – 7:11:24
- May – Grand Canyon Ultras 50k: 2nd Place
- September – Paatuqatsi Water is Life 50k: 1st Place
- September – Flagstaff Marathon: 1st Masters